Saturday, April 25, 2009

Dawn's Early Light

This morning I was awaken by a warm breeze blowing in from my open window. This was the first evening of the spring when I was able to enjoy the fresh air as I slept. The birds began chirping as the darkness of night began to fade with the rising of the sun. As my coffee brews I enjoy the silence broken only by the gurgling of my morning java. Fairly quickly the kitchen light is invaded by the brightness daybreak.
It is in the still, quiet of the morning that I feel closest to God. When everything is new again. A fresh start is at hand. The prior evenings anxieties and worries had been mulled over and thought out as I drifted off to sleep. Now, as I sip my coffee and enjoy the birds songs, God smiles and sits with me. We plan our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment