Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mindful of the Ashes

I tread on ground where mourners weep
The final place where loved ones sleep.
Beneath my feet my history lies
'neath soaring planes and sunny skies.
I tread the ground where family rests
Mindful of the ashes.

Mindful of their journey's end
Their solemn graves I lovingly tend.
Reflecting on their lessons of love
I seek my peace from spirits above.
I come to pray for eternal rest
Mindful of the ashes.

Mindful of their works in life
I seek their words to end my strife.
Mindful that their journey is done
I see them in the setting sun.
I see them now in God's embrace
Mindful of the Ashes.

Mindful that from dust they came
My final rest will be much the same.
I only hope that when I rest
My spirit joins those already blessed.
And I hope that those who tend my grave
Are Mindful of the ashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment